Legal NoticesNew policy comes into effect from 1 December in compliance with the new Privacy Act 2020 .
This site is owned and published by Rexel New Zealand Limited trading as Ideal Electrical Suppliers.
Level 1, 827 Great South Road, Mt Wellington, Auckland, New Zealand
Tel: 0800 733 385
1. ABOUT USIdeal Electrical Suppliers is a multichannel distributor of electrical equipment and energy solutions for professionals. In accordance with New Zealand privacy law, including the Privacy Act 2020, we are an “agency” in relation to your personal information and, where applicable, a “data controller” when we process your personal information. We are therefore responsible for the collection, use, storage and disclosure of your personal information by us or on our behalf.
If you are asked to provide personal information, you may decline to do so. However, if you choose not to provide any of the personal information necessary to provide a product or service, we may not be able to offer you this product or service.
The information we collect from you differs depending on your relationship with us and how you interact with us. Whatever our relationship, we will only collect, use, store or disclose the information we need either to provide you with products and services you request or for our own legitimate business needs. See below for further details.
3. HOW DO YOU COMMUNICATE WITH US?Website
We also store website access data in log files if you are registered as a customer of the website.
If you ask us a question via our website, we collect the information you provide us on our online form including your name, email address, phone number, account number and branch (where applicable). This information is used to contact you and respond to any questions, comments or feedback you send us.
Newsletters and surveys
We may send out newsletters, surveys or ask you for feedback on our products and/or services. This may be done by us directly or we may engage a third party provider to do this on our behalf. Our providers use industry best practice to keep your personal information safe and will not pass your information on to anyone else. You can opt out of receiving our newsletters or surveys at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link on any of our newsletter emails.
We use your responses and contributions to surveys for quality control and to improve our products and services.
If you apply to have a customer account with us, we may collect, use and store:
- Personal identification - your name and signature;
- Contact details - your e-mail, physical and postal address, phone number(s);
- User Account data - your username and account passwords (which we use to authenticate your account access) . We also assign you an account number which we use across our systems to make sure all of your interactions with us are recorded against the correct account;
- Details of your contract - when you enter into a contract with us, we store the information necessary for us to deliver the products and/or services you request;
- Payments - if you use a credit card to make purchases, the payment will be processed by a bank or third party payment services provider. That provider will request information such as your credit card number, expiration dates and the security code associated with your card;
- Purchases - information about the quotes you request, the orders you place, the purchases you make, the amounts you have paid us, the amounts you owe us;
- Your interactions with us – we may retain the content of your messages, emails, letters or phone calls to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write, or questions and information you address to our customer service team.;
If you are one of our suppliers, we may collect personal information about your officers (such as directors), employees and subcontractors. This might include names, contact addresses (physical and/or email), and contact phone numbers. We may also collect personal information that is related to specific work you are engaged to perform for us such as location information.
We collect personal information directly from you or from your authorised representatives.
4. HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATIONWe use your personal information to maintain and improve our business relationship with, and to provide services to, you. Some of the main ways we do this are set out below.
We use customers’ personal information to perform essential business operations, such as to:
- communicate directly with you;
- deliver and invoice you for products and services;
- set up and activate your account, to manage your contracts and to provide credit lines;
- provide payment information to banks and other organisations that process payment transactions or provide other financial services;
- activate product warranties and to register and manage any product claims and / or product returns;
- respond to inquiries and to assist in the sale of our products and services;
- if you apply for a credit account, we will disclose sufficient information about you to third party credit rating agencies in order to check your credit rating and credit limits with those agencies and to our trade insurer to obtain trade insurance in respect of credit accounts;
- maintain records of our activities and services, which may include communications with or relating to you;
- let you know about products and services offered by us. This may be by e-mail, text or post. To do this, we may provide your name, phone number, and e-mail address to those organisations so that they can contact you to offer you products or services; and
- to show you personalised content and advertisements
- to banks or other payment processing organisations in order to receive payments from you;
- to an external party, such as a government regulator or law enforcement agency or land and property registries, if required or authorised by law;
- to other companies within the REXEL Group;
- to our trusted third party suppliers (including delivery providers, data analytic service providers, payment processers, security registration service providers, e-commerce platform hosts and intermediaries, and manufacturers in respect of returns and warranty claims, our external service providers (such as our professional advisers, including accountants, auditors and lawyers) and our agents and representatives.
We may use the personal information we collect from our suppliers or their authorised representatives to:
- communicate with you;
- process payments from and/or transfer money to you;
- comply with our legal obligations;
- request additional goods or services from you; or
- for quality control or auditing.
We may disclose your personal information, in a manner consistent with the purposes for which it was collected, to:
- our employees and agents in order to perform our obligations or to monitor and ensure you are meeting your obligations to us;
- a third party, for example to another supplier operating as a Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking (as that term is defined in the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015) at one of our sites;
- an external party, such as a government regulator or law enforcement agency, if required or authorised by law; and
- to other companies within the Rexel Group.
When you become our customer, we may offer you the opportunity to participate in our loyalty program and you may elect to participate. Our loyalty program is operated by Incentive Solutions and they may collect personal information for you for the purposes of making our loyalty program available to you.
We operate on a number of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. If you interact with us on any of those platforms - if you follow, like, comment or mention us, we have access to your interactions and to your public profile information. We get this information from our interaction or from the social media platform. We will still have access to this information even if you remove it later.
We, or the social media provider, use this information to analyse and track usage, how people interact with our content and to deliver targeted advertising. We may also use this information to communicate with you.
5. STORING YOUR DATAWe store your personal information as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which we collected the information or as required by law. The retention period varies depending on the reasons we collected the information and the applicable law. Once the information is no longer required, we will destroy it.
6. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATIONWe regularly review our technical and organisational security measures for our data and communications systems to adapt them to risks and to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised access to or modification of your personal information. We use reputable, secure cloud-based providers for information storage. These providers may be located outside New Zealand. Our providers use industry best practice to keep your information safe from unauthorised access, modification, disclosure, misuse and loss through both physical security at datacentres and infrastructure security such as firewalls and encryption.
If you set up an account on our website, you are responsible for keeping the password you use to access our website securely.
We will not ask for your password other than when you log in to your account on our website. We are not responsible for any damage or loss that may result from you accessing or using our website, including any damage or virus that may infect your computer equipment.
If you access other sites, for example through clicking on hypertext links from our website, we have no control over such third party websites and are not responsible for the privacy and other practices of those third parties.
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATIONWe may transfer your personal information to a location outside of New Zealand. This may be because the data centre of our IT system provider is located offshore (for example we use Microsoft Dynamics and Office 365) or because we send information to our related companies in other locations. When sending your information offshore we will use reputable providers and industry best practice.
8. COOKIESCookies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the website’s or service provider’s systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information about you as a unique user, such as your personal preferences and user data. Cookies do not identify you by name.
We may use Google AdWords® Remarketing to advertise across the Internet. Google AdWords® Remarketing displays relevant ads tailored to you based on what parts of our website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your hard drive. This cookie does not personally identify you. The cookie is used to say “This person visited this page, so show them ads relating to that page.” Google AdWords® Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and so that you see ads that are relevant to you.
9. YOUR RIGHTSYou have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- Access - you have the right to know what personal information we hold about you and the right to receive a copy of your personal information, along with information about how we process it;
- Corrections – you have the right to ask us to correct incorrect personal information and, in some circumstances, request us to delete your personal information;
- Objections to use – you can object to the use of your personal information for specific purposes, for example, marketing;
- Restrictions on use - you have the right to ask us to restrict the use of your personal information in certain circumstances, for example, while we are investigating a complaint that the personal information we hold about you is incorrect;
- Portability - you may be entitled to receive a copy of the personal information you have provided to us;
- Revocation of all consent – at any time you may revoke consent you have previously given us regarding the use of your personal information. This includes consent to receive marketing information.